The Prime Minister's Education Excellence Awards recognise and celebrate outstanding achievements in early childhood education, primary and secondary schooling.
Tools are provided below to help you start your entry.
Open for EntriesHow to Enter
2018 Eligibility criteria
To be eligible for the 2018 Awards, entries must:
- be from:
- a licensed or certificated early learning service or group of services or
- a licensed or certificated early learning service's management body or
- a registered school/kura/wharekura, or group of registered schools/kura/wharekura such as a Community of Learning | Kāhui Ako
- focus on improving outcomes for children and young people – in early childhood education, primary school, or secondary school, in English, Māori, or Pasifika-medium
- be from a group, team or partnership (entries about an individual are not eligible)
- be based in New Zealand
- be based around early childhood or school curriculum documents and education strategies developed in New Zealand and closely linked to teaching and learning
- not pose a risk to the credibility or integrity of the Awards.
We can't accept entries about an individual, or from groups, teams, or partnerships that include a staff member or contractor from a lead education-sector agency (e.g. Ministry of Education, Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand, Education Review Office, Education New Zealand, Tertiary Education Commission, New Zealand Qualifications Authority and Careers New Zealand).
entering the awards
Before you start your entry, watch videos from the principals and staff behind previous successful entries, and members of our experts and judging panels, for some helpful tips on how to share your story.
To enter the Awards, your group, team or partnership must meet the eligibility criteria and complete an entry form that includes a case study.
Your case study should detail:
•the story of your group, team or partnership
•what you set out to achieve, and why
•the actions you took to bring about change
•the change you achieved and sustained for children and young people.
Each entry must be supported by evidence of a positive change in learning and achievement.
Entries must be received by 5:00pm, Friday 23 March 2018.
submitting your entry
You can upload your entry here.
We can’t accept entries via email, post, courier or hand delivery.
Save your entry as one PDF file using the following title:
•Entry Form_name of your group.pdf
Ensure your entry is saved as one pdf document only. You cannot submit multiple entry documents.
Video File (this is optional):
•Video_name of your group
Note: Use one of these video file formats: .mp3, .mp4, .m4v, .mov, .wmv
Our previous finalists all completed exceptional entries. Here is some helpful advice from them on how to make your entry stand out.
Back to top